2017 Kingston Rowing Hall of Fame Call for Nominations
As part of the prestigious 40th anniversary celebrations of Kingston Rowing Club in September 2017, we intend to recognize leaders in the Kingston Rowing community for their dedication, support and excellence over the years through creation of a Kingston Rowing Hall of Fame.
The call for nominations is underway and we are urging our members, friends and fellow rowers to complete the online nomination form. Nominations are due June 9, 2017.
The nomination form is available here.
Questions? Contact KRC Board Member Laurie.Ross@queensu.ca
About the Kingston Rowing Hall of Fame
Rowing in Kingston has a long history dating back to 1832. The passion for excellence in rowing among athletes, coaches and builders in Kingston has helped produce international leaders and champions.
The Kingston Rowing Hall of Fame recognizes the most outstanding rowers, coaches and builders whose lasting contributions have brought distinction and honour to the sport of rowing in Kingston. Inductees will be a source of inspiration to the rowing community, to the city and beyond. Inaugural inductions will be made in 2017.
Eligibility and Nominations
- Any individual who has a connection to rowing in Kingston is eligible for nomination.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the rowing community: current or former athlete, coach, family member or friend.
- A “Call for Nominations” will be communicated widely to the Kingston and Queen’s communities: by email, Kingston Rowing Club (KRC) website, Queen’s Athletics, social media, local media, etc.
- The 2017 Nomination Form and Terms of Reference will be available on the KRC and Queen’s Varsity Rowing websites.
- Inductees will have a strong connection to Kingston.
- Inductees will have made an extraordinary contribution to advance the sport of rowing.
- Nominees will have conducted themselves in a manner consistent with high ethical standards
Nominees will be divided into three categories:
Nominations will be invited every five years starting in 2017, to coincide with the KRC 5-year anniversary year (40th anniversary in 2017). The induction cycle may be adjusted to coincide with key events at KRC, Queen’s or Kingston.
The Kingston Rowing Club Board of Directors will form a Hall of Fame Organizing Committee each year that inductions are to be made.The Organizing Committee will form a new Selection Committee each year that inductions are made.
Members of the Selection Committee will broadly represent Kingston rowing stakeholders:
- Kingston Rowing Club President
- Kingston Rowing Club Head Coach
- Kingston Rowing Club Captain
- Queen’s University Rowing Head Coach
- Kingston High School Rowing Coach Representative
- Queen’s University Varsity Rowing Alumnus
- Current Queen’s Rower
- Current KRC Rower
- Current Kingston High School Rower